[asterisk-users] Am I cracked?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Mon Jun 8 15:35:33 CDT 2015

On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 22:24:33 +0200
Luca Bertoncello <lucabert at lucabert.de> wrote:
> Kevin Larsen <kevin.larsen at pioneerballoon.com> schrieb:
> > Basically, they are hoping that you are running the equivalent of a
> > mail server open relay. They are trying to use you to dial out to
> > another number. You don't want to pay for these calls.
>
> Of course, but how can I test, if I am an "open relay"?

If you don't know how to do this I suggest that you shut down your
Asterisk server until you find out.  Using your cell phone while you
get it straight could save you some serious coin.

> > Not sure what trunk pbxluca is, but if that is an outbound trunk,
> > then this is very bad. The only reason it would fail then is if
> > they have the
>
> This is one of my outbound trunk...

Very, very bad then.

> On a Mail-Server I'd restrict outgoing calls to authenticated users.
> I was sure, that Asterisk already do that, but I'm not sure anymore...
> How can I restrict it?

You need to make sure that only registered phones can connect to your
outbound trunks.  Read the docs or hire someone but don't wait.  Shut
down now, especially since this information is now on a public list.  I
am sure that most people here are just looking out for you but it only
takes one black hat.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net