[asterisk-users] Insecure Meaning.

Aziz TestAccount azizgstest at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 03:56:03 CDT 2015

Hi all,

When configuring an extension on Asterisk we use the Syntax "Insecure=very
" or "Insecure=port" etc. I did some research on Internet and I found that
this is used to authenticate the peers, based on their IP/port. But I
couldn't understand what's the difference between them.

The following page gives a simple explanation :

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sip+insecure

insecure=port ; Allow matching of peer by IP address without matching port
number
insecure = no; Normal IP-based peers matching and authentication of
incoming INVITE.
insecure=very ; To allow registered hosts to call without re-authenticating
insecure=port,invite ; (both).

Can someone provide more details about this, or any documentation that can
help.

Thanks in advance.

Aziz