[asterisk-users] How to configure through the GUI 35 cisco ip phones -spa502g

jg webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
Thu Jul 30 02:12:50 CDT 2015

> I am new to Asterisk and VOIP so I am trying to find a decent howto guide on setting up cisco
> ip spa502g  VOIP phones.
>
> I have found a interesting document on Cisco website  but unable to access it.
> https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/37376/asterisk-configuring-cisco-spa5xx-phones-web-ui
>   -- I have contacted them for access and waiting on their reply.
>

> Can someone please suggest some other  guides that will assist me.

I am using a couple of older Sipura/Linksys/Cisco SPA phones myself. Some features maybe
lacking, but there are no special setup procedures.  http://spakonfig.de/ shows typical
configurations, where special settings are marked with a red color. You should stay away from
the regional parameters unless you know what you are doing. You need to pay attention to the
"Dial Plan". The downside of spakonfig.de is that it is in German, but it might still be helpful.

jg