[asterisk-users] Windows Asterisk Help

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Wed Jul 29 11:47:19 CDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 10:16 AM, John Novack <jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
> wrote:

> Murthy Gandikota wrote:
>

>  ------------------------------
> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> From: webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
> Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:11:31 +0200
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Windows Asterisk Help
>

> Downloaded latest version of Asterisk from www.asteriskwin32.com and
> installed on Windows 7.
>
>  Here  is my sip.conf
>
>  [general]
> context = demo  ;              Default context for incoming calls
> bindport = 5060  ;              UDP Port to bind to (SIP standard port is
> 5060)
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0  ;              IP address to bind to (0.0.0.0 binds to
> all)
> srvlookup = yes  ;              Enable DNS SRV lookups on outbound calls
> context=incoming
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> allow=alaw
> allow=g729
> allow=g723
> externip=72.220.28.226
> localnet=192.168.0.0
> nat=yes
> maxexpiry=15
> minexpiry=14
> ;rtautoclear=no
> ;autofallthrough=yes
>
>  register =>16194077214:<<password>@69.59.234.67:5060/202
>
>  [authentication]
> [3000]
> type = friend
> context = default
> username = 3000
> host = dynamic
> mailbox = 3000
> dtmfmode = rfc2833
> [3001]
> type = friend
> context = default
> username = 3001
> host = dynamic
> mailbox = 3001
> dtmfmode = rfc2833
>
>  [3002]
> type = friend
> username = 3002
> context = default
> host = dynamic
> mailbox = 3002
> dtmfmode = rfc2833
>
>  [vonage-out]
>
>  username=16194077214
>
>  type=friend
>
>  secret=<<password>>
>
>  port=5061
>
>  nat=yes
>
>  host=69.59.234.67
>
>  fromuser=16194077214
>
>  fromdomain=69.59.234.67
>
>  dtmfmode=rfc2833
>
>  auth=md5
>
>  [vonage202]
>
>  username=16194077214
>
>  ;type=friend
> type=peer
> ;type=user
>
>  secret=<<password>>
>
>  port=5061
>
>  nat=yes
>
>  insecure=port,invite
>
>  host=69.59.234.67

> [...]

​Another option (assuming your computer has enough ram and disk space) is
to run a copy of Linux in Vmware Player (which is available for free).  It
allows you to run the Linux environment in a virtual computer as if it was
an application on windows.  Then you can test the most recent release of
Asterisk (version 13 at the moment).​

--
[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog