[asterisk-users] Why no CentOS 7 repos?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jul 27 13:38:44 CDT 2015

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015, Ron Wheeler wrote:

> You might have o upgrade MySQL and PHP outside of the Centos
> distribution. I have Centos 6 with MySQL 5.1.73 and PHP 5.3.3 with
> FreePBX 2.11.

I really prefer to keep to the repos. It's a numbers thing:

) I don't want to spend the time (aka $$$) to track patches to packages.

) I don't want to be 'different.' I want to run the same versions as
others so I don't get to discover and resolve incompatibilities all by
myself.

CentOS 7 was released over a year ago. Seems overdue to me.

--
Thanks in advance,