[asterisk-users] How to enable group call

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 05:24:00 CDT 2015

On Thursday 16 Jul 2015, Thyda ENG wrote:
> I would like to see how can we config the asterisk to enable calling to
> multiple SIP number at the same time?

If you want to have a number that will call several phones when dialled, you
can do it in the Dial() command.  The following example refers to an office
where the numbers are in the range 201 - 208.  You can call any staff member by
dialling their extenson number; or if you just want someone, anyone from that
office, you can ring all available extensions in the office by dialling 200.  The
office manager has a company-issued mobile phone, for when she is away from her
desk; we want this to ring whenever her desk phone is called, but *not* from a
call to 200, since the latter case -- a call to "any available member of
technical staff" -- is likely to be a call for help, and we want someone who is
able to attend.

We also have a direct line to the manager's mobile on 209.

[b_building]

; 201 is B building technical office manager
exten => 201,1,NoOp(Call to 201)
; call her desk  (via SIP)  and her company mobile  (via GSM card)
; NB: timeout here *must* be shorter than the mobile company's voicemail
; timeout -- otherwise this, and not our voicemail, will always answer the
; call. Which is not what we want.
exten => 201,n,Dial(SIP/201&${GSM}/${LOZ_MOBE},30)
; this step will never be executed, if the call was answered
exten => 201,n,VoiceMail(201,u)
exten => 201,n,Hangup()

; 202 to 208 are the rest of phones in tech office in B Building
exten => 20[2-8],1,NoOp(internal call to ${EXTEN})
exten => 20[2-8],n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},60)
exten => 20[2-8],n,VoiceMail(${EXTEN},u)
exten => 20[2-8],n,Hangup()

; 209 calls the tech office manager's mobile
exten => 209,1,NoOp(call to tech office manager)
exten => 209,n,Dial(${GSM}/${LOZ_MOBE},60)
exten => 209,n,VoiceMail(201,u)
exten => 209,n,Hangup()

; 200 calls *all* phones in B Building tech office
exten => 200,1,NoOp(internal call to 200)
; Mark this call as special
exten => 200,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=SUPPORT CALL)
; Don't bother calling Lauren's mobile; if she is not in the office,she probably
; can't do much anyway
exten =>
200,n,Dial(SIP/201&SIP/202&SIP/203&SIP/204&SIP/205&SIP/206&SIP/207&SIP/208,60)
; if nobody answered within a minute, divert back to Lauren's answerphone
exten => 200,n,VoiceMail(201,u)
exten => 200,n,Hangup()

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .