[asterisk-users] How to call a group of peers all registered with the same login?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Wed Jul 15 11:57:56 CDT 2015

Dear Asterisk-Users,

We have one Asterisk end N softphones that will be registered on it.

We need to configure the Asterisk to get the following scenario working well:

Some softphones (N -1) is to be registered using the same login 6001. So, there will be N-1 users 6001 registered in the SIP REGISTRAR (Asterisk). One softphone is to be registered with the login 6000.

The softphone 6000 must call the others N-1 peers. So, the sofphone 6000 will dial 6001 and all the others N-1 peers must ring.

For that, I suspect that some special configuration must be done in the pjsip.conf file, for the N users.

But, what exactly must be configured in Asterisk to make it run well?

By the way, is there some special dial plan extension to be used? Just to use Dial(SIP/6001) is not enough.

Any hint will be very helpful!

Best regards.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979   (Brasil)