[asterisk-users] RES: How to dial extensions asynchronous-sequentially ?

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:43:46 CDT 2015

All I can focus now is "the objective is to see if there is an way to
deliver more than one SIP 183 message to the caller"

6001 has a song playing in 183 and 6002 has a "service unavailable"
message, do you intend to deliver both of them simultaneously to the
caller? I've seen multiple 183 Session Progress messages getting delivered
to caller but what is your end game ? Play all sort of messages to the
caller together ?

Whoever told you about Asterisk not letting 183 go to the caller with this
dialstring was right. If you want all 183 msgs coming from all parties to
be heard by the caller then I suggest you create a conference, and call the
6001, and 6002 as its participant. Thats the only place where I believe the
audio from different channel is mixed and streamed to users.

>From SIP protocol perspective even if multiple 183 Session Progress
messages reach to the Caller with each message pointing to different
sources, the caller's UAC should ideally pick only one of them, the latest
one I believe.

BR,
Sammy

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 3:51 PM, Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho <pimenta at inatel.br