[asterisk-users] Call Return

Andrew Colin andrew at convergedgroup.net
Wed Jul 8 13:13:35 CDT 2015

Hi Guys

I am trying to write a macro for a call return so for example

Anyone in the company transfers a call to another extension and it is not
answered etc it must return to the person who did the transfer

I have got it working but if the call originates externally for example
someone calls in to the switchboard and they transfer it then it tries to
return to the outside caller.

As doing a return to ${EXTEN}) wont work as that is the external party.

How do I declare a variable from the extension dialed?

So for example when 200 dials 201 I can capture the calling party(in this
case 200) and declare it as a variable?