[asterisk-users] How to handle multiple lines call

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Jul 8 11:18:10 CDT 2015

On Wednesday 08 Jul 2015, Thyda ENG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to asterisk, I have set up the asterisk server and successfully I
> could make the dialplan between 2 SIPs but when there are more than two
> sips calling each other, my dialplan seems doing the wrong routing to the
> sip. Do i need to config anything additionally to asterisk to handle this?
>
> Example:
> we have 6 sips
> -sip 1 is calling to sip 2
> -sip 3 is calling to sip 4
> -sip 5 is calling to sip 6
>
> Here is my configuration,
> exten => _.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})

That looks about right, but it's not quite enough information.

Your sip.conf should have the SIP device descriptions in sections labelled [1]
, [2] , [3] , [4] , [5] and [6] , since the bit between the square brackets is
what gets matched against the SIP/____ bit in the Dial() statement.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .