[asterisk-users] Can I use ARI to update the builtin database, without executing the dial plan?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Jul 8 09:50:47 CDT 2015

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho wrote:
> Hi.
>
> In my dial plan I can use the following commands to access and handle
> data from the builtin database.
>
> DB DB_DELETE DB_EXISTS DB_KEYS

Equivalents exist for these in the Asterisk Manager Interfaces as
actions. An example being DBGet[1] but others also exist. They require
no channel to operate on.

 From the scope of ARI though you can use the /asterisk/variable
resource to GET and POST global variables and dialplan functions[2].
This also requires no channel to operate on. I haven't personally tried
it for this use case though.

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+ManagerAction_DBGet
[2] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Asterisk+REST+API