[asterisk-users] What database should I use, for simple data storing? SQLite or the buitin one?

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Tue Jul 7 09:26:06 CDT 2015

Hi.

I was studying about how to use databases in Asterisk, accessing it from the dial plan.
In my project, my dial plan will have to store simple data (ex: IP number, port number, device name, etc) in a persistent way, so that it will be possible to retrieve such information in future moments, still via dial plan.

For this case, I would like to know?

1. What is the best choice for storing and retrieving simple data , with dial plan instructions: SQLite or the builtin database option? Consider that I'm worried about installation, configuration and use difficulties.

2. Does Asterisk 13 come with SQLite ready for use or have I to install this database separately and configure it to be accessible in dial plan?

3. Where can I find tutorials about using SQLite or the builtin database for storing simple that?

P.S.: I'm not interested in storing CDR data.

Any hint will be very helpful!

Thanks a lot!

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center
Software
Ph: +55 35 3471 9200 RAMAL 979    (Brasil)