[asterisk-users] Asterisk pin code for out-going international calls (safeguard against fraud)

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:54:01 CDT 2015

The Authenticate application will do this for you.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_Authenticate

You can either give it a single PIN to use for all calls, Authenticate
using a value in the Asterisk Database, Or use a plain text file for the
PIN's

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Motty Cruz <motty.cruz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I will like to configure Asterisk to use PIN Code for all outgoing
> international calls.
>
> Also, any suggestions as to when should I prompt users for code prior to
> dialing the number or after dialing the number?
>
> can someone provide with a example on how to accomplish this goal? I am a
> bit confuse by this :
> http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=130936&sid=707f657f7a61dfed55e4922304925091
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein