[asterisk-users] Choosing codecs

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 04:55:37 CDT 2015

On Monday 06 Jul 2015, Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Zitat von A J Stiles <asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk>:
> > Yes.  You should definitely be using A-law for calls to the Outside
> > World.
>
> Well, I wanted to change these settings, but I'm not sure, where I
> have to do that...
> I think in the users.conf, but I think, the "allow" keywords is for
> the network...
>
> How can I change this setting?

It will be in the /etc/asterisk/*.conf file for the appropriate calling
technology.  So if the calls are going over a SIP trunk, it will be in
sip.conf .  You want

disallow=all
allow=alaw

There probably will be some other allow= lines; just stick a semicolon in
front of the ones you do *not* want, to comment them out.  Then issue

core reload

in Asterisk CLI, and all your calls should be A-law from now on.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .