[asterisk-users] Asterisk 11 and pulseaudio setup as local user

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Fri Jul 3 17:31:48 CDT 2015

On 3Jul, 2015, at 06:17, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> alsa_card_init^[[0m: snd_pcm_open failed: Connection refused
> soundcard_init^[[0m: Problem opening alsa capture device

If the problem is a permission thing I’d confirm that.

Run Asterisk as root and see if the problem goes away.

If so then you’ll have to work your way through devices and drivers and check who owns them and is able access them.

I’d also try temporarily disabling SELinux to see if that helps.

As with the first option this would be temporary - go back to running Asterisk as myuser or whatever and reenable SELinux regardless of the outcome.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell

http://www.venturevoip.com/news.php (Daily Asterisk News)