[asterisk-users] Custom header when busy

jg webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
Thu Jul 2 07:31:39 CDT 2015

> Is there any chance to create feature request for that useful functionality?
> 02.07.2015, 14:03, "Rusty Newton" <rnewton at digium.com>:
>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 4:46 AM, <royj at yandex.ru <mailto:royj at yandex.ru>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi, all
>>
>>     Is there someway ability to insert custom Header to "SIP 486" message, when HANGUP
>>     application is invoked?
>>
>>     Our use case is to set that Header, when call-limit is reached, to analyze elsewhere, but
>>     we do not want to set some custom causecode in HANGUP application because this can
>>     confuse a calling equipment.
>>
>> I only know of the SIPAddHeader application which lets you add headers when used before Dial,
>> so I don't think you can do this currently.

I think that Asterisk cannot handle this in general. There might be further call-limit
restrictions coming from the individual settings of your phones. I think the easiest way for
inhouse calls is to use Action URLs (if supported by the phone) and setup a a finite state
machine externally to handle your needs.

jg