[asterisk-users] asterisk email to fax

jg webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
Thu Jul 2 07:02:58 CDT 2015

> being honest with i have been lost on what to do.
> all i want is sent from my email a pdf file and then the server will sent it as fax.
> what settings do i have to do regarding emailing to the server? what other settings do i have
> to do?
> is there a guide on that?
> *Sent:* Friday, June 26, 2015 at 7:28 PM
> *From:* "Tiago Geada" <tiago.geada at gmail.com>
> *Subject:* Re: [asterisk-users] asterisk email to fax
> we use a PHP web page, that takes a few formats, PDF being the most common, anc convert it to
> TIFF.
> If conversion succeeds we allow to download the TIFF file as a preview. Then the user confirms
> and the PHP places a .call file in asterisk spool
> On 25 June 2015 at 19:51, Ryan, Travis <RyanT at oscarwinski.com> wrote:
>
>     I hope his mother in law doesn’t live with him. That’s a support issue for sure.

This is not a question of settings. You must decide yourself what to do and there are various
options. Asterisk is only responsible for the transport.

You need to look at the following tasks:
- get the file or files into the asterisk box
- convert to a faxable tiff format
- generate a call file and put the tiff file where it belongs (but there are other methods)
- get fax report

Of course, at first you must configure Asterisk to accept facsimiles, which depends on which
technologies you need. But everything is nicely documented.

jg