[asterisk-users] Question on permit/deny

Ishfaq Malik ish at pack-net.co.uk
Wed Jul 1 04:16:21 CDT 2015

On 1 July 2015 at 04:03, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:

> I see in my log file this:
> Jun 30 21:44:26] NOTICE[42192][C-000002f3] chan_sip.c: Call from '' (
> 5.189.144.120:5076) to extension '011972592675431' rejected because
> extension not found in context 'default'.
>
> which is great its rejected - however
> in my sip.conf file I have
>
> deny=0.0.0.0
> permit=x.y.z.z/255.255.255.255
> permit=a.b.c.d/255.255.255.255
>
> So I'm expecting to deny everything and only allow
> the two addresses I have listed of which the 5.189.144.120 is not one of?
>
> What is wrong with my permit/deny ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry
>
> --

Check your sip.conf to see if allowguest is explicitly set to no.

;context=default                 ; Default context for incoming calls
;allowguest=no                  ; Allow or reject guest calls (default is
yes)
                                ; If your Asterisk is connected to the
Internet
                                ; and you have allowguest=yes
                                ; you want to check which services you
offer everyone
                                ; out there, by enabling them in the
default context (see below).

Regards

Ish

--

Ishfaq Malik
Department: VOIP Support
e: ish at pack-net.co.uk
w: http://www.pack-net.co.uk

Registered Address: PACKNET LIMITED, Duplex 2, Ducie House
37 Ducie Street
Manchester, M1 2JW
COMPANY REG NO. 04920552