[asterisk-users] Semi OT - LDAP multi-valued attributes support in SIP phones

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 11:07:08 CST 2015

Hello,

I've just started to look at LDAP in IP telephony.

1. I've read parts of RFC2798 which defines inetOrgPerson class.
I could find homePhone or telephoneNumber (multi-valued) attributes
but nothing like phoneExtension.
Did I miss something ?
I not, what would you advise to store private extensions in LDAP db ?

2. Several SIP phones can query LDAP databases.
Have you met any success with such SIP phones and LDAP entries with
two values for telephoneNumber ?
In other words, is it required by SIP phone to only have one
telephoneNumber or mobile attribute value per entry ?

Regards