[asterisk-users] subscriber absent

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 02:58:11 CST 2015

On Wednesday 28 Jan 2015, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
> Hi all
>
> WE have some users that turns off their phones when they are not at home.
>
> We see the warning message:
>
> 	Unable to create channel of type 'SIP' (cause 20 - Subscriber absent)
>
> just after the Dial() command and a
>
> 	Everyone is busy/congested at this time
>
> message.
>
> Where is this "unable - cause 20" status available in the dialplan?

This means the SIP endpoint is defined in sip.conf, but no device is
registered; which is consistent with phones being turned off.

> Which variable holds this?
>
> We'd like to play something to the caller in case the user is absent.

It should be ${HANGUPCAUSE} .  So you can use something like

Gotoif($[${HANGUPCAUSE}=20]?subs_absent)

in your dialplan, and it will go to the label (subs_absent) if the Dial()
fails for "cause 20 - Subscriber Absent".  Then you can play a recorded
announcement, or send them to voicemail.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .