[asterisk-users] Asterisk Java API - Up to date

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Jan 28 10:19:24 CST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 4:14 PM, symack <symack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am required to write a java program that will get our asterisk to:
>
> * Query the database for phone numbers
> * Loop through numbers and dial
> * Play message
> * Get dial pressed response
>       - If 1 = Yes
>       - If 2 = No
>       - If 3 = Connect to Agent
> * AMD Capable
> * Disposition
>
> I am proficient with Java and found the Asterisk-Java API. My questions
> are:
>
> * What is the recommended API to use
> * Is Asterisk-Java API maintained by digium
> * Am I overlooking anything?
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.

There's many ways to accomplish this, many have been discussed on this
mailing list.

You are going to use the AMI to originate calls into asterisk.  No,
Asterisk-Java is not maintained my Digium.  As for overlooking,
likely, but you should be able to see anything you missed in your
testing phase.

You should be able to google Asterisk dialers to see some example that
people have done.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)