[asterisk-users] customizing Asterisk CLI

Martin Vegter martin.vegter at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 05:11:06 CST 2015

Hello,

when I am in the Asterisk CLI, I can exit with 'exit' or 'quit'. Ctrl+d
has no effect. Is there any way to "bind" Ctrl+d to exit/quit ?

Also, when I am in asterisk CLI, I can use command history and readline
functions such as CTRL+r to search. But not all functions are available.
For example, the alternate mappings for "page up" and "page down" to
search the history do not work. They work in everything else (bash,
mysql, ..)

$ cat /etc/inputrc
"\e[5~": history-search-forward
"\e[6~": history-search-backward

is there a way to make it work in asterisk ?

I am using Asterisk 11.13 on Debian Wheezy.