[asterisk-users] New Feature CALLERID(ani2) read/write

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:32:10 CST 2015

Two years ago we added logic to parse the isup-oli parameters, that arrive
as part of the FROM Sip header. We need to finish the job and allow setting
of this parameter for outbound calling, both in traditional SIP channel and
PJSIP, which I believe will replace all instances of the old SIP channel
soon.

Right now, if we try to set CALLERID(ani2)=$
{var}

, there is a runtime error because this variable is read-only.
The business community around Asterisk needs this feature and there is no
known workaround.

I am also writing about this to the developer list. If somebody wants to
propose a patch, I can contribute to the bounty.