[asterisk-users] MWI issue

Haley,Scott A scott.haley at edwardjones.com
Tue Jan 20 07:59:36 CST 2015

I have a situation that I need help with. I have 2 phone systems, 1 Asterisk and 1 Avaya. All voicemail is kept on the Avaya system. Whenever a call comes into an extension that the Asterisk server owns, I re-direct it to a different number that is owned by the Avaya System. If that Avaya extension does not answer it, I send it to the voicemail on the Avaya Messaging system for the extension that it came in on the Asterisk box.

Once that happens, I need to send a MWI indicator to an application on the desktop of the Avaya User that there is a voicemail for that mailbox.

I see the SIP Notify come in from Avaya for the extension (I did this with a tcpdump). My question is how do I configure Asterisk to act on that request and call an agi program to do what I want.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Haley

If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.

For important additional information related to this email, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure<http://www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure>. Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P. d/b/a Edward Jones, 12555 Manchester Road, St. Louis, MO 63131 © Edward Jones. All rights reserved.