[asterisk-users] Asterisk executable suddenly about 40KB

Stefan Viljoen viljoens at verishare.co.za
Mon Jan 12 00:39:52 CST 2015

>What you may want to consider is if you have a network management system
such as Nagios is create a service that checks the size of the binary every
>5 minutes. You're notified if the size goes over a certain threshold. You
can also take the perf data and graph it using one of the many Nagios
graphing tools available. You can even use something like Munin for a task
like this. I couldn't get along without >this. On some PBX's I have, I
monitor over 600 different metrics spread out every 1,5,10,15,30, and 60
minutes. Because they're spread out, the load average from these checks is
zero. Just a suggestion.
>Regards;
>John

Hi John

Thanks for the suggestions I'll keep them in mind.

Just to confirm back to the list, the chattr +i and turning off prelinking
seems to have solved the issue with the executable file being corrupted /
touched. Been running fine for a week now.

We have a very simple monitoring app running which we wrote ourselves which
monitors some metrics on the Asteisk, but nothing near as comprehensive as
you apparently use...

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Kind regards

Stefan