[asterisk-users] Question about Warning message

Fabian Borot fborot at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:27:05 CST 2015

                    Starting with Asterisk 13.1 we are seeing this WARNING messages a lot in our logs and console:

WARNING[25164][C-0004865e]: chan_sip.c:7364 sip_write: Can't send 10 type frames with SIP write)

We found that line in function "sip_write" inside "chan_sip.c".

In our previous version (11.2.1) we did not see those messages being printed (same verbosity level). We compared both versions of the functions and see no difference at all in the 'default' switch case that handles that. We think/assume that that function is being called in
different places on each version (11.2-1 vs 13-1).

We also think it has to do with the asterisk receiving rtp packets with comfort noise which is not supported by asterisk.

We would like to know what can we do about it to behave more like the version 11?

We are not sure but could it be that version 11 handles it better ?. I am attaching the functions on both versions for your review.

Thank you