[asterisk-users] Dynamic Music on Hold

Yaron Nachum nachum.yaron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 03:03:10 CST 2015

Hello everyone,
I am trying to activate Music On Hold using DB on Asterisk 13.
It works fine but in order to use new Music On hold definitions I have to
reload the moh module.

- The following is my configuration in extconfig.conf - I added the
following line:
 musiconhold.conf => mysql,asterisk,bit_ast_config

- The following is the table in the database:
mysql> select * from bit_ast_config;
+----+------------+-------------+----------------+-----------------------+-----------+---------------+----------+
| id   | cat_metric | var_metric | commented | filename                |
category | var_name  | var_val |
+----+------------+-------------+----------------+-----------------------+-----------+---------------+----------+
|  2   |             0 |             0   |             0      |
musiconhold.conf | yaron      | directory     | moh     |
|  3   |             0 |             0   |             0      |
musiconhold.conf | yaron      | mode          | files      |
| 10  |             0 |               0 |             0      |
musiconhold.conf | yaron1    | directory     | moh     |
| 11  |             0 |               0 |             0      |
musiconhold.conf | yaron1    | mode          | files      |

Is there a way to do automatically add new moh definitions without
reloading the moh module?
Thanks,
Yaron.