[asterisk-users] connecting with Ekiga; diagnostic tools

thufir hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 01:36:04 CST 2015

I think I'm able to connect with Ekiga, at least it reports
"registered".  Curiously, when I exit Ekiga and switch to SFLphone, it
isn't able to connect with the exact same parameters; it just says
"trying" and never resolves.

I'm not able to test outside connectivity because of too many hops:

thufir at doge:~$
thufir at doge:~$ sudo sipsak -vv -s sip:thufir at ekiga.net -m "hi"
No SRV record: _sip._tcp.ekiga.net
No SRV record: _sip._udp.ekiga.net
using A record: ekiga.net
Max-Forwards set to 0

message received:
SIP/2.0 483 Too Many Hops
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
192.168.1.3:44370;branch=z9hG4bK.6f1c2f33;rport=44370;alias;received=96.48.128.162