[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk a Linux only system?

Justin Sherrill Justin.Sherrill at americanrocksalt.com
Thu Feb 12 09:09:02 CST 2015

I would love to run Asterisk on a BSD system.  I do not know of any developers actively working on Asterisk on a BSD platform, though my knowledge isn't comprehensive.

It may be worth talking to the people doing the packaging for various BSD platforms, to see how involved they are, or if they know of people developing it directly.  jnemeth at netbsd for pkgsrc, madpilot at freebsd for ports/dports, and sthen at openbsd for OpenBSD ports, for example.  I know you're developing on NetBSD, but correcting for "not-Linux" would help everyone.