[asterisk-users] Is Asterisk a Linux only system?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Thu Feb 12 08:52:04 CST 2015

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 09:43:33 -0500
Ron Wheeler <rwheeler at artifact-software.com> wrote:
> Why not just bite the bullet and move to a supported Linux?

If all I had was a phone switch that might be an option but this is
just part of a multi-server system that needs to be able to move
services back and forth so the underlying OS has to be the same for
everything.  Besides, I am a NetBSD developer and so I am also
interested in making every package rock solid on it.

> - you can be assured that it works
> - updates are tested

I would be willing to make a NetBSD machine (not my production server)
available for running unit tests.  Are there already unit tests in the
distribution?

> There is almost no Linux administration required once it is set up so
> getting deep into the actual OS is not required.

Getting deep into an OS doesn't scare me.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net