[asterisk-users] SSL traffic on RTP instance without an SSL session

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Feb 10 09:34:00 CST 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Ethy H. Brito <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br>
wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> Does nobody have a good answer for this?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ethy
>

> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015 12:37:36 -0200
> "Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:
>

> > Hi All
> >
> > We've been reading this in the CLI a lot lately:
> >       Received SSL traffic on RTP instance '0x7fe7481faad8' without an
> SSL
> >       session
> >
> > How can we find details about this particular RTP instance?
> >
> > "rtp set debug" needs an IP which is precisely what I want to know (and I
> > don't)!
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Ethy

The error message is that you are receiving DTLS packets from some UA that
does not have a DTLS session. That either means it didn't negotiate DTLS
but is sending packets that are TLS encoded anyway, or it attempted to
negotiate but the UA wasn't configured for DTLS.

Generally, a debug log with 'rtp set debug on' will help you trace the RTP
instance address (which is printed in that ERROR message) to what created
it.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager