[asterisk-users] IAX port

jg webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
Tue Feb 10 06:55:30 CST 2015

> Some firewalls have a 'consistent NAT' option that needs to be enabled, otherwise you get the
> symptoms described.

While reading about NAT, I came across this web site:
http://nattest.net.in.tum.de/
The test tool looks at various NAT related properties and prints the results related to TCP/UDP
binding properties, TCP/UDP hole punching, etc.

In my case a very short value was reported for the UDP timeout, such that depending on the
sequence of packets, the entry in the mapping table might already have been deleted. This could
explain the random nature of my  connection problem. Port predictability does not seem to be a
problem.

Does that make any sense?
jg