[asterisk-users] When are /proc/dahdi files created

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Feb 9 03:38:23 CST 2015

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 11:54:12PM +0000, Michelle Dupuis wrote:
> Can someone tell me when the /proc/dahdi files are created for spans?  Are they created when asterisk starts (or the asterisk init script) - if not what script creates them?

/proc/dahdi is created when dahdi is loaded. Each span N that is loaded
creates /proc/dahdi/N .

See the README:
http://docs.tzafrir.org.il/dahdi-linux/#_procfs_interface_proc_dahdi
and while we're at it: the following sections about the sysfs interface.

/proc and /sys are generated by the kernel. No script generates them. A
script may trigger the load of those modules. Those modules will be
loaded typically in the dahdi init script, if not loaded earlier by
hotplug (if the DAHDI hardware driver is not blacklisted).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com