[asterisk-users] Question regarding custom announcements used by several Asterisk servers

Fri Feb 6 04:32:35 CST 2015

On 06/02/15 07:54, Olli Heiskanen wrote:
> My goal is to allow my users record their own queue announcements and
> choose which announcements they want to use in each queue. I have
> several Asterisk servers and a Kamailio server which dispatches call
> traffic between the Asterisks. Question is, is it possible to have
> something like a NSF disk shared between several asterisk servers and
> store custom announcements there, where all Asterisks would use them?
> I expect to have to place the files under whatever I configure in
> asterisk.conf. Additionally, can I place the announcements in
> subfolders under that directory and in my realtime queue table use
> values something like '/subfldr/myannouncement'?

I assume you mean NFS.
Yes you can do that although using NFS you will then have a single point
of failure and in the standard NFS client configuration if you try to
access a file which is on NFS but it is unavailable then the file access
will hang.

So you might be better off having the files copied onto each of the
asterisks servers local file storage or use a redundant file system such
as gluster.