[asterisk-users] IAX2 problem for WAN connections

jg webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
Thu Feb 5 10:21:07 CST 2015

> On Thursday 05 Feb 2015, jg wrote:
>> Calling from ServerB to ServerA works, but not vice versa. The only odd
>> thing that appears to me is the different perceived port on ServerA.
>>
>> Does someone have an idea at what to look in detail?
>
> Look in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf in the first instance.

Basically I used the example from the Asterisk book "Connecting Two Asterisk Boxes Together via
IAX" and there is not a lot to see:

; Server A
[general]
;           this box            remote IP
register => ServerA:very_secret at 80.152.xxx.xxx

disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm

jitterbuffer=no
forcejitterbuffer=no
autokill=yes

; the other box
[ServerB]
type=friend
trunk=no
auth=md5
encryption=yes
secret=very_secret
context=from-ServerB
qualify=yes
host=dynamic
; end of Server A

; Server B
[general]
;           this box            remote IP
register => ServerB:very_secret at 79.233.yyy.yyy

disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm

jitterbuffer=no
forcejitterbuffer=no
autokill=yes

; the other box
[ServerA]
type=friend
trunk=no
auth=md5
encryption=yes
secret=very_secret
context=from-ServerA
qualify=yes
host=dynamic
; end of Server B

If I replace the WAN addresses of the two routers with addresses on the LAN, everything works.
Currently, I am not sure whether it could be a NAT related or Asterisk configuration problem.

jg