[asterisk-users] Semi OT - LDAP multi-valued attributes support in SIP phones

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 12:28:06 CST 2015

Hi Olivier,

Am Donnerstag, den 29.01.2015, 18:07 +0100 schrieb Olivier:
> Hello,
>
> I've just started to look at LDAP in IP telephony.
>
> 1. I've read parts of RFC2798 which defines inetOrgPerson class.
> I could find homePhone or telephoneNumber (multi-valued) attributes
> but nothing like phoneExtension.
> Did I miss something ?
> I not, what would you advise to store private extensions in LDAP db ?
>
> 2. Several SIP phones can query LDAP databases.
> Have you met any success with such SIP phones and LDAP entries with
> two values for telephoneNumber ?
> In other words, is it required by SIP phone to only have one
> telephoneNumber or mobile attribute value per entry ?

it is some time ago that have looked at this kind of stuff... AFAIK most
phones have the possibility to define some sort of filters to select the
attribute(s). If I remember correctly the phones from Snom, Gigaset,
Tiptel and Yealink have a parameter to select attributes for name and
number.

HTH,

Karsten