[asterisk-users] Problem with odbc connector with cdr

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:04:55 CST 2015

I notice you have MySQL-asterisk as your definition in your odbc.ini but
you are trying to connect to simply 'MySQL' with your 'isql' command.

Does isql work with 'MySQL-asterisk' as the DSN instead of simply 'MySQL' ?

I have machines that use /etc/odbc.ini and machines that use
/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini depending on if I used a package to instal ODBC or
if I compiled ODBC myself.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:35 AM, Olli Heiskanen <
ohjelmistoarkkitehti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm stuck with getting cdr records stored in MySql database. I have a
> working realtime environment and have verified that the db connection works
> fine when used via res_config_mysql.conf. I'd appreciate Your help on how
> to get the odbc connector working as I think there's something wrong with
> its configuration.
>
> The problem presented itself as an error when making a call that was
> supposed to be stored in mysql cdr: Unable to retrieve database handle.
> CDR failed.
> This kept popping up every time I was trying to have a call be stored in
> my mysql cdr table, and I traced the problem to the odbc connector, where
> my knowhow is about to end.
>
> One problem may be that odbcinst -j outputs wrong ini files, I believe I
> need these to be under /etc/ instead of /usr/local/etc/, but I'm unsure
> about how to change those permanently.
>
> # odbcinst -j
> unixODBC 2.3.2
> DRIVERS............: /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini
> SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
> FILE DATA SOURCES..: /usr/local/etc/ODBCDataSources
> USER DATA SOURCES..: /root/.odbc.ini
> SQLULEN Size.......: 4
> SQLLEN Size........: 4
> SQLSETPOSIROW Size.: 2
>
> Odbcinst does see the connection, it reads it from
> /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini.
> # odbcinst -q -d
> [MySQL]
>
> I tried copying my connection information onto those files listed above
> and I'm not getting any errors in Asterisk logs when restarting Asterisk.
> However:
> # echo "select 1" | isql -v MySQL
> [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no
> default driver specified
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>

> Here's the contents of odbc.ini:
>
> [MySQL-asterisk]
> Description = MySQL Asterisk database
> Trace = Off
> TraceFile = stderr
> Driver = MySQL
> SERVER = serverip
> USER = myuser
> PASSWORD = mypass
> PORT = 3306
> DATABASE = asterisk
>
> And odbcinst.ini:
> [MySQL]
> Description     = ODBC for MySQL
> Driver          = /usr/lib/libmyodbc5.so
> Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so
> Driver64        = /usr/lib64/libmyodbc5.so
> Setup64         = /usr/lib64/libodbcmyS.so
> FileUsage       = 1
>
> And here I hit a wall, how can I fix the configuration?
>

> MySQL-asterisk is referred to in res_odbc.conf, whose label is referred to
> in cdr_odbc.conf. When the odbc connector starts working, is this the
> correct way to configure the cdr db connection in Asterisk?
>
> Thanks,
> Olli
>
> --

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein