[asterisk-users] Transfer calls "on demand"

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Dec 29 03:51:50 CST 2015

Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> So, my sip.conf:
>
> callgroup=1,3-4                 ; We are in caller groups 1,3,4
> pickupgroup=1,3-5               ; We can do call pick-p for call group 1,3,4,5

Keep it simple for testing.  My sip.conf on a working Asterisk system below:

[4220](stemplet)
defaultuser=4220
pickupgroup=1
callgroup=1
callerid = Operator <4220>

[4232](stemplet)
defaultuser=4232
mailbox = 4232 at sip
context = sip
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
callerid = Judy K. <4232>

My features.conf:

; Pickup Options
;
pickupexten = *7                ; Configure the pickup extension.
(default is *8)

This has worked for me on all version of Asterisk that we've used; we're
currently running 11.  In the above, The operator can pickup calls for
Judy and vise versa using *7.

You'll also want to make sure your phone's digit map understands that *7
is a valid key combination.  We're using Polycom phones.

Doug