[asterisk-users] Best Asterisk Platform

Jai Rangi jprangi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:50:27 CST 2015

Eric,

So far you have seen lot of suggestions. PBX in a Flash, Elastix, FreePBX,
astlinux, Trixbox, ASteriskNOW. Different people like different flavors
based on their choice, ease of use and needs.

My 2 cents will be to pay more attention to security of the platform. I
have seen customer's PBX being hacked all the time. MySQL injection through
forms and urls is the most common hack.
Some of these flavors package lot of different tool in the same PBX, which
sounds really cool, but the challenge will be to find if all the tools and
packages are secure or not. For example Elastix, PBX part might be secure,
but the vtiger CRM might have a security hole it. Read the forums for each
package and see if there is any issue.

So being in industry for more than 7 years, If I were you, I will go with
most secure open-source platform and modify GUI part based on my needs.

*Jai Rangi*
Cebod Technologies LLC dba DIDforSale/Cebod Telecom
O 949-471-0102 <O%20949-471-0101> | C 949-419-7634 <C%20949-742-2666> | F
949-269-0449 / 949-232-1410 | jprangi at didforsale.com  www.cebod.com |
www.didforsale.com |3200 Bristol St Suite 615, Costa Mesa, CA 92626  |