[asterisk-users] simultaneous use of chan_sip/chan_pjsip

Marek Červenka cervajs at fpf.slu.cz
Thu Aug 27 05:33:00 CDT 2015

Dne 13.8.2015 v 21:48 Marek Červenka napsal(a):
> Dne 13.8.2015 v 17:20 Rusty Newton napsal(a):
>> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:54 AM, Marek Červenka <cervajs at fpf.slu.cz
>> <mailto:cervajs at fpf.slu.cz>> wrote:
>>
>>     hello,
>>
>>     is it possible simultaneously use chan_sip and chan_pjsip?
>>
>>     if yes, can you recommend settings
>>
>>     i'm thinking about
>>     - chan_sip - for sip hardphones/softphones  (sip udp 5060)
>>     - chan_pjsip - for webrtc
>>

>> You can use both.. you will want to make sure your bind addresses and
>> ports don't conflict.
>>
>> Why not use chan_pjsip for all SIP connectivity?
>
> because it's BIG change for production environment
> we have own web gui for config generation and we need move to
> chan_pjsip safely

for the record

it looks like the simultaneous use is not possible

with this configuration

sip.conf
[general]
transport=udp

pjsip.conf
[global]

[transport-wss]
type=transport
protocol=wss
bind=0.0.0.0

module res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so is not loaded and load fails

*CLI> module load res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so
[Aug 27 12:31:23] DEBUG[13977]: res_pjsip.c:1918 register_service_noref:
Registered SIP service WebSocket Transport Module (0xb51353e0)
[Aug 27 12:31:23] DEBUG[13977]: res_pjsip.c:1950
unregister_service_noref: Unregistered SIP service WebSocket Transport
Module
Unable to load module res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so
Command 'module load res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so' failed.

*CLI> module show like websoc
Module Description                              Use Count  Status
Support Level
res_http_websocket.so          HTTP WebSocket Support
2          Running          extended
res_pjsip_transport_websocket.so PJSIP WebSocket Transport
Support        0          Not Running          core

--
Marek Cervenka