[asterisk-users] Ringback issue - SOLVED!

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Wed Aug 26 14:12:08 CDT 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 23:48:50 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy at Vex.Net> wrote:
> When I dial 4165556666 I get no ringback which I can sort of live with
> since it gets answered pretty quickly but then when I dial "200" it
> transfers me correctly to the 4165555555 extension but there is no
> ringback there either and that is a problem because caller think that
> the phone has gone dead.

Found it.  Somehow I wound up with an empty indications.conf file so
Asterisk did not know how to play the ringing sound.  Found the default
file and everything is good again.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net