[asterisk-users] asterisk server stress test

Markus Weiler markus_weiler at mailworks.org
Wed Aug 19 12:23:05 CDT 2015

Am 19.08.2015 um 19:07 schrieb Steve Edwards:
> Please don't top post.
>
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, James Cass wrote:
>
>> Steve, would you be willing to share that "quick bash script"?
>
> There's no magic in the script, but here it is, embarrassing myself:
>
>         cp sample-call-file /tmp/
>         chmod +x /tmp/sample-call-file
>         for     I in $(seq 1 $1)
>                 do
>                 sudo -u asterisk\
>                         cp /tmp/sample-call-file\
>                         /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/${RANDOM}
>                 done
>     sleep 10
>
> Here's what's wrong with this snippet:
>
> 1) I don't know why I chmod the 'template.' No idea whatsoever.
> Alcohol may have been involved.
>
> 2) I hate single character variable names. I love alcohol.
>
> 3) cp is ill advised. For a testing script, it was easy. For a
> production application, use mv.
>
> In use, I would execute it specifying how many call files to create,
> like 50. Then, take a look at top, iftop, and vmstat. Lather, rinse,
> repeat to get to your goal.

We started the 500 calls and used milliwatt app on the first and record
on the second host to check the quality. Alternatively just start 500+
calls and call yourself on top. So you can get a good idea how the
quality is.

Call-Files are explained on
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out

Markus