[asterisk-users] Call Queues : linear strategy WITH priority

Jonas Kellens jonas.kellens at telenet.be
Wed Aug 12 09:39:47 CDT 2015

On 12-08-15 16:31, A J Stiles wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 Aug 2015, Jonas Kellens wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I was wondering of it is possible to have Queue Agents with the same
>> priority (penalty) but with a certain order ?
>>
>> So I have 20 Agents.
>>
>> Agent 1 till Agent 10 has penalty 1.
>>
>> Agent 11 till Agent 15 has penalty 2.
>> (only contacted if 1 -> 10 are busy)
>>
>> Agent 16 till Agent 20 has penalty 3.
>> (only contacted if 1 -> 10 and 11 -> 15 are busy)
>>
>> Within the range of Agent 1 till Agent 10, can I have a certain order in
>> these Agents in which they are rung ?? Like Agent 1 -> Agent 5 -> Agent
>> 2 & 3 & 4 -> Agent 6 -> Agent 7 -> Agent 8 & 9 & 10.
> What's wrong with giving agent 1 penalty 1; agent 5 penalty 2; agents 2, 3 and
> 4 penalty 3; agent 6 penalty 4, agent 7 penalty 5, and so forth?

By giving a different penalty to Agents 1 to 10, there is no order. With
penalty, the Agent keeps on being contacted untill it takes the call.
Many forget that this is how penalties work !

So in stead of going from Agent 1 to Agent 5 to Agent 2,3,4 it is very
possible that Agent 5 keeps on ringing when Agent 1 is 'busy calling',
in stead of going further to Agents 2,3,5.

In your case, Agent 5 will be called over and over again untill it takes
the call.

Not exactly what I'm looking for.

Kind regards,

Jonas.