[asterisk-users] 786 000 files limit Centos 7 - Asterisk keep complaining

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Aug 12 06:36:10 CDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015, at 04:06 AM, Stefan Viljoen wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> Just running about 50 calls??
>
> If I do
>
> lsof | grep asterisk | wc -l
>
> to narrow the realm of what is reported I still get just under 100 000
> files:
>
> lsof | grep asterisk | wc -l
> 95903
>
> with 50 calls running.
>
> So apparently this is excessive? I can only guess that there must be a
> MAJOR
> bug in 1.8.11.0 given that you are running 347 calls on 2161 open files
> with
> Ast 11...?

<snip>

I vaguely recall potential leaks that caused excess file descriptor
usage in older versions, but it's so old that it's hard to remember.
Just to provide some scope of how many changes there are between even
1.8.11.0 and 1.8:

✔ jcolp at electron:~/development/asterisk/public [11|⚑ 1]> git diff
1.8.11.0..1.8 | wc -l
221688

That's 221,688 changed lines.

--