[asterisk-users] load-balancing AMI and load-balancing FastAGI?

Paul Simon paulsimontelecom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 10:59:54 CDT 2015

Hi,

I am starting a new project to develop a predictive dialler system.

- Agents can start receiving calls from the queue if agent press
"Available" button on the browser which will unpause the queue on Asterisk.

- About 100-150 concurrents calls on a Asterisk box

- Call-out initiated. Other end answers. Passes AMD. Lands in Queue and
direct to agents that is available and call is recorded.

- Update state of the call (Ringing, Talking, etc) on the database.

- Listen the events such as Hang Up from customer, check if call is
successfully originated or what the failure, etc.

- Agent will have ability to transfer customer call to other agent or
external number.
As described above to develop a predictive dialler system, is it best to
use AMI or FastAGI?

I am aware that I can setup FastAGI load balancing such as agitator
(FastAGI reverse proxy).

AMI case: load-balances incoming events/response across multiple processes
(multiple AMI connections on the same asterisk machine), should the
ami events/response should be pushed into RabbitMQ so the proess can read
from RabbitMQ ?

Thanks
Paul