[asterisk-users] AgentRequest() and which agent id?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Aug 7 11:48:03 CDT 2015

Please don't top post.

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015, Shahid H wrote:

> Is it possible to build a list of agent-id in MySQL Database rather than
> agent.conf?

[snip]

> I have two options.
>
> - Build hundreds static agent-id in agents.conf
> - Dynamic agent-id in mysql table (Not associated with agent.conf).

Or, how about (periodically or on demand) creating agents.conf from the
MySQL table?

Sometimes it makes more sense (from a resource perspective) to use a
static file even if you can read directly from the database.

I have a system that uses OpenSIPS to route incoming calls between
Asterisk servers based on the DNIS. The routing changes less that once a
month.

It makes more sense to create OpenSIPS routing configuration as a static
file than to hit the database 10,000 times a day for the same information.

--
Thanks in advance,