[asterisk-users] Asterisk uses "Anonymous", but why? [SOLVED]

Murthy Gandikota murthy64 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 17:05:00 CDT 2015

It is so embarrassing, but the Voicent gateway was running as a service on the Windoze.  As soon as I stopped it, the outbound calls were working via Vonage.
I am so sorry for wasting the time of  Richard and Steve. But I am also grateful for their suggestions like using callerid in the AMI, and analyzing the Wireshark dump, etc.
Overall I am so impressed by Asterisk that I will continue using it  and hopefully one day  contributing to it.

Thanking you and best regards
murthy