[asterisk-users] Asterisk uses "Anonymous", but why?

Murthy Gandikota murthy64 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:57:42 CDT 2015

Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 12:37:36 -0700
From: asterisk.org at sedwards.com
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk uses "Anonymous", but why?

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015, Murthy Gandikota wrote:

[trimming cruft nobody cares about anymore]

> I use the same password for INBOUND and it works fine! Something amiss
> with Asterisk OUTBOUND because I used the same password with X-Lite and
> X-Pro Vonage soft phones with successful calls.

Would comparing an INVITE from X-Lite or X-Pro with the INVITE from
Asterisk yield any clues?

At the moment they are very similar.  Now Vonage sends back 403 status (Forbidden) for the Request: INVITE sip:1732xxxxxxx at 69.59.234.67:5061

The very similar request sent from X-Lite or X-Pro results in the message "Trying..." and it eventually succeeds.

For Asterisk INVITE please view

http://pastebin.com/v15vMax4

For X-Lite INVITE please view

http://pastebin.com/rmHZKu3N