[asterisk-users] Looking for PRI Card with automatic fail over

Eric Klein eric.klein at greenfieldtech.net
Wed Aug 5 04:01:15 CDT 2015

Responding to Matt Riddell, M Shokuie, A J Stiles, and Telium Support (all
below)

Thanks for the suggestions, but a separate gateway is a problem in the
design as the configuration is basically:

Carrier --- PRI --- Asterisk (with failover) ---- Legacy PBX

                              - SIP / IAX2 -- our service or remote office

As this is already acting as a gateway adding another box to the mix seems
a bit over kill (unless I can embed it and the asterisk PBX into a 2 U
pizza box). But since most gateways are designed to be used for fail over
servers / PBXs not lines I am not sure that this would benefit us.

So far I have found 1 company that seems to have a gateway card and that is
the beroNet PCI / PCIe Gateway Cards which they say has the card level
failover. I will update the list should this meet the use case.
Eric