[asterisk-users] Modifying CDR values from a hangup extension in Asterisk 13

jg webaccounts173 at jgoettgens.de
Mon Aug 3 09:36:35 CDT 2015

> I'm trying to migrate from Asterisk 1.8 to Asterisk 13 and can't figure this one out. I'm
> pretty sure the question has been already asked, but I failed to find a solution.
>
> Can you modify CDR values in an h-extension?
>
> My cdr.conf contains:
> [general]
> enable=yes
> unanswered=yes
> endbeforehexten=yes
> initiatedseconds=no
> batch=no
>
> The diaplan contains a simple "h" extension
> exten => h,1,NoOp(${CDR(userfield)})
> exten => h,n,Set(CDR(userfield)=changed)
> exten => h,n,NoOp(${CDR(userfield)})
>
> In the same context I execute:
> exten => 10,1,Set(CDR(userfield)=empty)
> exten => 10,n,Dial(SIP/10)
>
> The "h" extension outputs two lines with userfield set to "empty". I would expect the second
> one to be "changed". It seems that I can read the CDR values, but I can't change them. Is it a
> bug or a design thing? Am I missing something?
I am not working with h-extensions myself, but the docs
(https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Configuration_cdr) say something like this:

|endbeforehexten|
<https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Configuration_cdr#Asterisk13Configuration_cdr-general_endbeforehexten>

|Boolean|

|1|

|false|

Don't produce CDRs while executing hangup logic

This would indicate that at least writing is disabled.

jg